Sustainability. Utility. Visibility.
At the Edinburgh Flooring Company we have a highly skilled team of fitters who have the experience and expertise to lay your floor. As well as having a deep knowledge of the brands that we fit, our team have an exceptional eye for detail and know how to lay boards in order to really accentuate the space. Our team enjoy opportunities to fit beautiful parquet flooring and have laid floors with some exceptional designs so no job is too big.
Detailed Floor Plans
Functional, stylish & practical spaces.
- The blocks can be rectangle or parallelogram. The block edge length ratios are usually 2:1, and sometimes 3:1, but need not be even ratios.
- In parquetry, more casually known as flooring, herringbone patterns can be accomplished in wood, brick, and tile. Subtle alternating colours may be used to create a distinctive floor pattern, or the materials used may be the same, causing the floor to look uniform from a distance.
- Laying a herringbone floor is very challenging, since the multitude of small rows must be made to line up smoothly, which can be difficult in a room which is not perfectly flat. Small mistakes in a herringbone floor can be rather glaring because of the way the pattern lines up, so care must be taken.
- The increased stability of engineered wood is achieved by running each layer at a 90° angle to the layer above. This stability makes it a universal product that can be installed over all types of subfloors above, below or on grade..
- Floating installation: A floating installation is where the flooring is laid down in a glueless manner on top of a layer of underlay. The individual planks are locked together, and are not glued or nailed down to the subfloor. By doing this the floor is floating above the underlay, and can be laid on top of existing tile or marble, without the risk of damaging the subflooring.
- Click” or Woodloc systems: there are a number of patented “click” systems that now exist. These click systems are either “unilin” or “fiboloc” A “click” floor is similar to tongue-and-groove, but instead of fitting directly into the groove, the board must be angled or “tapped” in to make the curved or barbed tongue fit into the modified groove. No adhesive is used when installing a “click” floor, making board replacement easier.
- Good preparation is essential for a trouble-free installation. Can be laid on concrete, timber, stone and many other subfloors, which have been suitably prepared.
- Once you’ve purchased your vinyl flooring, it will need to acclimatise at room temperature for 24 hours. Your stockist/fitter will advise you, but the product will need removing from its packaging and spreading out to acclimatise.
- The type of surface below your flooring, its quality and any pre-treatment required will have a significant influence on the final result of laying your floor.
Experience Innovation the Professional Way.
Rest assured when you choose the Edinburgh Flooring Company for your installation and supplies you are choosing quality at it highest standard. All fitting comes with a 5 year Guarantee and most of the products we offer come with a life time Warranty. We are always happy to provide you with information on how the floor and products we offer will work within your home on site or in store so always feel free to ask us any question you are unsure about.